Facelift in Phoenix, AZ
What is a Facelift?
To see more videos on Facelift click here
A facelift, or rhytidectomy, is one of the most popular cosmetic surgeries in the United States. Its job is to reshape the skin and muscles around the face to provide more definition, smoother contours or simply a more youthful appearance. The procedure can either be performed on its own or in conjunction with other procedures, such as liposuction or dermal filler injections, to create a more complete makeover.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Benefits of a Facelift
Am I a Good Candidate for a Facelift?
- Loose or sagging skin in the middle of your face
- Sagging jowls or skin around the jawline
- Fat deposits or sagging skin beneath your chin, which can create a double chin or turkey neck.
Dr. Taghizadeh will sit down with you and examine your facial features to determine whether or not a facelift procedure is right for you. Some important factors include:
- Your skin’s overall condition: Your skin needs to be at least somewhat flexible and elastic in order for the procedure to be most effective.
- Your bone structure: During a facelift procedure a lot of your face’s fat and tissue is moved around or relocated. Your face’s overall bone structure needs to be able to support the shifting.
- Your health: If you have poor overall health or a preexisting medical condition you might not be a good candidate for facial surgery. For any major surgery, it’s important that you be in good health, not only for the procedure itself, but to aid in recovery after it’s finished.
- Your Expectations of the Results: The results of facelift procedures vary from patient to patient. In order to get maximum satisfaction from the surgery, it’s essential that you go in with realistic expectations of what the procedure can do for you and what you’ll look like once it’s complete.
The Facelift Procedure
After anesthetic is administered, Dr. Taghizadeh continues the facelift surgery by making an incision at one temple line. From there, he continues the incision onto the area just above the ear and then circles around the earlobe and returns back to the point of the initial incision. Dr. Taghizadeh will gently move the skin outward for repositioning and tightening, smoothing out the surface. If necessary, he may excise excess fat or skin. Finally, the doctor will close the incision with fine sutures, leaving you with a rejuvenated, younger looking face.
If you’ve had a previous facelift and the results are proving unsatisfactory or otherwise problematic, Dr. Taghizadeh can perform revision surgery to help correct the previous procedure. A revision surgery takes special care and an expert hand to carry out correctly and provide a lasting, natural look in the end, but Dr. Taghizadeh is qualified for the job.
There are two basic ways a facelift surgery can cause problems: Under-treated surgeries don’t last very long and can cause the skin to start sagging again after a while or wrinkles and lines to reappear. Over-treated surgeries, on the other hand, make the skin too tight and leave the patient’s face with a hollow, sunken look. Both of these issues can damage and distort a person’s appearance.
In general, you should take it easy for a few days after the facelift in order to speed up your recovery. Patients are usually able to return to work and normal daily activities within a week or so.