Otoplasty in Phoenix, AZ
What Is Otoplasty?
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Benefits of Otoplasty
- Increased self-confidence
- Presenting a face that’s natural and pleasant
- A brief recovery time
- An end to the bullying and teasing that children with misshapen or too-prominent ears often have to endure
- No more need to hide the ears with a hairstyle or hat
How Is Otoplasty Performed?
Every case is different, but the doctor typically begins otoplasty by incising at the ear where the lobe meets the head. Dr. Taghizadeh will then remove excess cartilage and skin for a more appealing, natural ear shape. After removal of cartilage, he will permanently suture the ears to the head as necessary. If no cartilage is removed, he may use sutures to bring sections of the ear together. Once he attains your desired shape, Dr. Taghizadeh will add sutures to help the ear reform during the recovery process.
If you are seeking a reduction in size through otoplasty, the doctor will make an incision at the front of your ear, inside the ear rim. This placement, plus the use of dissolvable sutures, results in a scar-free look after your ear heals from the procedure.
- Avoid strenuous physical activity
- Keep your head cool in temperature
- Don’t wash your hair with shampoo for one week after the procedure
- Elevate your head as much as possible
- Avoid sleeping on your side at night
How Much Does Otoplasty Cost in Phoenix?
Is Otoplasty Right for Me?
- Does the way your ears look make you embarrassed or self-conscious?
- Do you find yourself trying to hide your ears with hats, elaborate hairstyles or other accessories?
- Does your child face constant teasing or bullying because of the way their ears look?