Plastic Surgery in Phoenix, AZ
Many people choose plastic surgery to improve their inner confidence and physical appearance. Arizona Facial Plastics, PC, led by board-certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Farhan Taghizadeh, offers plastic surgery procedures for men and women who live in and around Phoenix, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley and the surrounding communities of Arizona.
What Is Plastic Surgery?
Plastic surgery refers to procedures performed to improve and rejuvenate the appearance of certain areas of the face or body. Plastic surgery patients should be realistic in their expectations as to what these procedures can and cannot accomplish. Still, many patients report that a combination of treatments may address their aesthetic concerns and increase self-esteem.
Why Choose Plastic Surgery?
Everyone who considers plastic surgery has their own reasons for doing so—often private and very personal reasons. Our skilled team can help each patient look at those reasons and evaluate the pros and cons before ultimately deciding whether or not to go through with the procedure. Some of the most common reasons why people consider plastic surgery include:
- Contouring areas where diet and exercise have proven ineffective.
- Diminishing the signs of aging and creating a healthier and more youthful look.
- Repairing physical damage that may occur as the result of an accident, illness or injury, such as in the case of burn victims and breast cancer survivors.
Types of Plastic Surgery
At Arizona Facial Plastics, PC, board-certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Farhan Taghizadeh, offers the following types of plastic surgery:
- Facial Surgery
- Scar Revision
What Is The Difference Between Cosmetic And Reconstructive Surgery?
Cosmetic surgery is performed on ordinary, healthy tissue, and is generally done for issues of self-esteem and body consciousness. In most cases, cosmetic surgery is considered elective, and thus generally not covered by health insurance providers.
Reconstructive surgery, on the other hand, is done to repair a damaged or disfigured area of the face or body. It can correct birth and developmental defects, as well as the effects of diseases and infections, or physical trauma, such as in the case of burn victims. The procedure can not only improve appearance, but also physical functions of the body. Unlike cosmetic surgery, reconstructive procedures are often covered by health insurance. However, the amount that’s covered varies between providers and policies.
How Should I Prepare For Plastic Surgery?
The following recommendations will help you to remain healthy before, during and after your treatment:
- Maintain proper nutrition and eat well in the months before your surgery, and avoid excessive use of alcohol. Stick to a balanced, healthy diet and consult with Taghizadeh about using nutritional supplements.
- Keep a regular exercise routine, but do not engage in high-impact sports or start a new workout schedule in the weeks before your surgery. Taghizadeh recommends walking workouts, stretching and low-weight strength training, which can help improve your strength during post-surgery recovery.
- While you may attempt to maintain a healthy lifestyle as you prepare for your surgery, a cold, the flu or other illness may require rescheduling surgery. Inform Taghizadeh or a staff member if you become ill before the procedure.
Will Health Insurance Cover My Surgery?
Health insurance providers normally do not cover plastic surgery because these procedures are considered elective. However, there may be gray areas when some instances require insurance providers to cover the cost of some reconstructive surgeries. You’ll need to work with your insurance provider to make a determination as to whether the procedure is cosmetic or whether it’s medically necessary.
For patients whose insurance carriers do not cover plastic surgery procedures, Arizona Facial Plastics, PC is pleased to offer several payment options. You may pay by cash, check or credit card. We also offer flexible financing via Prosper® Healthcare Lending and CareCredit®.
Patients who live in and around Phoenix, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley and the surrounding communities of Arizona that want to look and feel their best trust Dr. Taghizadeh for their plastic surgery needs. A board-certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon, Dr. Taghizadeh is dedicated to professionalism, honesty, competence, and approachability. Contact Arizona Facial Plastics, PC today to schedule a personal consultation.