Plastic Surgery in Phoenix, AZ
Many people choose plastic surgery to improve their inner confidence and physical appearance. Arizona Facial Plastics, PC, led by board-certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Farhan Taghizadeh, offers plastic surgery procedures for men and women who live in and around Phoenix, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley and the surrounding communities of Arizona.
What Is Plastic Surgery?
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Why Choose Plastic Surgery?
- Contouring areas where diet and exercise have proven ineffective.
- Diminishing the signs of aging and creating a healthier and more youthful look.
- Repairing physical damage that may occur as the result of an accident, illness or injury, such as in the case of burn victims and breast cancer survivors.
Types of Plastic Surgery
What Is The Difference Between Cosmetic And Reconstructive Surgery?
Reconstructive surgery, on the other hand, is done to repair a damaged or disfigured area of the face or body. It can correct birth and developmental defects, as well as the effects of diseases and infections, or physical trauma, such as in the case of burn victims. The procedure can not only improve appearance, but also physical functions of the body. Unlike cosmetic surgery, reconstructive procedures are often covered by health insurance. However, the amount that’s covered varies between providers and policies.
How Should I Prepare For Plastic Surgery?
The following recommendations will help you to remain healthy before, during and after your treatment:
- Maintain proper nutrition and eat well in the months before your surgery, and avoid excessive use of alcohol. Stick to a balanced, healthy diet and consult with Taghizadeh about using nutritional supplements.
- Keep a regular exercise routine, but do not engage in high-impact sports or start a new workout schedule in the weeks before your surgery. Taghizadeh recommends walking workouts, stretching and low-weight strength training, which can help improve your strength during post-surgery recovery.
- While you may attempt to maintain a healthy lifestyle as you prepare for your surgery, a cold, the flu or other illness may require rescheduling surgery. Inform Taghizadeh or a staff member if you become ill before the procedure.
Will Health Insurance Cover My Surgery?
For patients whose insurance carriers do not cover plastic surgery procedures, Arizona Facial Plastics, PC is pleased to offer several payment options. You may pay by cash, check or credit card. We also offer flexible financing via Prosper® Healthcare Lending and CareCredit®.